For our third Sprint for the OpenMRS AMPATH project, each individual team was set-up with an issue that AMPATH would like fixed. For this we each needed to get set up with JIRA which is a software used for tracking issues, bugs, and other things that need to be addressed within the software that is being developed. I only briefly looked into AMPATH’s way of using JIRA – mostly because I didn’t want to mess-up anything they were doing – but I found it interesting that you could assign different icons for what type of issue it was and also set up a workflow for each individual type of issue. The rest of JIRA just seems like a basic ticketing system were one person inputs the issue, and someone else can pick it up and change the statues; while it’s not as good as JIRA, I have worked with HEAT before so I know the basics for how this system works.

Once that was set-up we were given an issue to work with. The one that our group got was an issue called “Logout not working when editing a form.” The description of this issue was “if you are in the middle of editing a form, but you decide to cancel and logout (may not be a practical case) , after accepting to cancel, it should log you out.” To start to deal with this issue, our team connected to the AMPATH Test Server to see what the issue looked like to the user. When we were on the site we tried to fix a few forms, but we didn’t have certain permissions to do so, so we decided that we would use our local dummy server instead.

When we found out what the issue looked like and discussed within our team of how to deal with it. We kind of did a partial story time later than we should have in our Sprint because it took a while to get JIRA access and then get our issues assigned so all we decided for our team to do was look into the code that would need to be fixed, and how the LogOut worked in the code. Overall though, this Sprint was helpful in the fact that we now have a real issue to deal with and it seems that our team was able to communicate successfully about how to start to get everyone on the same page to tackle it. We didn’t have much for the Sprint Review, but we mostly discussed what we plan to go over for the start of the next Sprint (mostly about the places were the code needs to be fixed to address this issue.)

As for the Authentication Module that we were assigned to re-write, I decided that it might be better to focus on the real issue that we were given now. I didn’t fully drop it, but I mostly just did a quick job of creating a very basic one that worked by looking at their code and a few tutorials online to make it work. I personally would never do a patchwork job like this if I was working on a real project because it would look and work terrible. However, since this is never going to be implemented within their application, and they already have a working one, I decided to do this so I could better understand how the authentication module worked in Angular 2.

Advertisements